Reebok Classic and music icon Kendrick Lamar continue to evolve their creative partnerships with the launch of the Reebok Classic x Kendrick Lamar Club C Capsule. For his first iteration of the historic Club C sneaker, Kendrick draws on his experiences from both past and present to add his unique style and message to the legacy of the classic tennis shoe.
Taking direct inspiration from his latest album, the sneaker’s aesthetic focuses on the themes of anonymity and abstraction while also calling for unity. Inspired by his ability to invoke conversation around race and social injustice, the Club C forces people to think deeper and celebrates Kendrick’s ability to create art with meaning in a stylish, provocative manner.
This new Club C sneaker stands for something beyond the norm; each detail is a distinct part of a larger overall design, combining to create a powerful aesthetic and delivering an enigmatic message that goes beyond standard sneaker culture. Key design features and corresponding meanings through the shoe include:
– Acid-washed denim and dash heel elements to accentuate the mysterious personality of the shoe
– Black and white pattern to represent equality within society and coming together as one
– Red label and heel elements to symbolize strength, power and passion that can be heard in Kendrick’s music and seen in his actions
– Purposefully hidden branding, shown only on the tongue’s interior to represent anonymity, forcing people to look beyond the surface and think differently – an attribute inspired directly by his newest album
– Highlighted “k” and “o” details in the quarter logo window to reference Kendrick’s signature nickname “KDot,” giving the shoe an inconspicuous identity
The shoe will be available in adult unisex and children’s sizes starting January 13th for $109.99 in adult sizing, $70 for kid’s styles, and $50 in toddler sizes.